What can you do for a Tesla theatre not working issue? Don’t panic. There are many tried and tested fixes to have the theatre running again so you can catch up on your favorite shows on Netflix.
Sometimes the Tesla theatre can stop working, and the entertainment system can get stuck, or your screen can suddenly go blank. Here are some ways to troubleshoot easily. You may be able to fix the problem yourself instead of going to a service center.
Tesla theatre not working and easy fixes
The tesla theatre is a built-in feature that allows you to watch your favorite movies from streaming services like Netflix, Hulu and YouTube. The system also allows you to connect your smartphone to the display and play music or videos.
Keep in mind that your Tesla theatre requires an internet connection to function. So if your Tesla theatre is not working, check if your internet connection is secure, whether it be Wi-Fi or cellular data.
Go to the Main Menu>Settings. Then ensure that your Wi-Fi is turned on and that you have a strong signal.
If you don’t have a strong connection, try resetting your Wi-Fi or router.
And also, check that your Netflix subscription has not expired. If you don’t have a subscription or a premium account, you will not be able to access their content.
One of the main issues with the Tesla theatre not working is a blank or frozen screen. If this happens, then simply reboot your car’s center display. To reboot, hold down both the scroll wheels on your steering wheel until the screen blacks off and turns back on.
To reset your Tesla Theatre, go to the settings menu and select “Safety and Security.” Select “power off.” Then “power on.”
If rebooting does not work, then try disconnecting the Bluetooth system and reconnecting again.
Sometimes the Tesla theatre not working issue could be due to a software bug. Make sure that you are up to date with the latest software Tesla updates. Check the settings menu to see if there are any updates available and run it.
Go to the main menu on your touchscreen display>tap software>check for updates. If it’s available, then follow the onscreen instruction to run it.
If you think it might be a bug, then turn for professional help.
Tesla Theatre not working: Additional Fixes.
You can also try these malfunction fixes if the troubleshooting tips above do not work.
Rename your vehicle name
- Click on the Tesla icon and go to the Control bar. Then go to the quick controls bar and find the Software option.
- Tap on your vehicle name in blue color and change it to anything you like.
- Press Save to set the vehicle name.
- Check if the Theatre mode is working now.
Turn off the Headlights in Park mode.
The theatre mode may not work if your headlights are on. Try turning them off to fix the problem.
Switch the language
Changing the language in Teslas solves a lot of issues. So when your theatre mode is not working, change the current language in your Tesla screen, and the screen will restart in the other language.
- Press the Tesla icon on the display
- Click on the language bar> choose any language> click OK.
- Tesla will restart itself. Then go to Controls and change the language to what you want. Tap OK
Reset the Tesla Theatre
- Long press the scroll buttons on the steering wheels until the screen goes black.
- Then let it turn on again. If this still does not fix the theatre mode, then
- Tap Controls>Service>Wheel configuration.
- Change the wheel configuration and press Confirm.
- Then again, go the Controls>Settings and change back the Wheel configuration to the original settings. Press Confirm.
Tesla Theatre not working after troubleshooting.
If you have tried all the above tips in troubleshooting your Tesla, then you might have to seek professional help. Go to Tesla approved body shop to have it fixed.
Seek professional help if;
- You are having a persistent blank even after you have tried all the fixes.
- You have an unresponsive screen. It could be a software or a hardware issue that only professionals can fix.
- You are experiencing frequent crashes on your screen. This could indicate bugs or a major software issue.
- You are hearing unusual noises from your Tesla. This could indicate a hardware issue.
Tesla Theatre Not working: Conclusion.
There could be many reasons why your Tesla theatre is not working. The issue could be fixed by restarting your display, changing your language, renaming the vehicle or updating your software. If you have tried all of the fixes above and your Tesla theatre is still not working, then you will have to seek professional service to get it sorted out.
Also read: How does Tesla detect Speed limit?
*All pics are courtesy of Unsplash.com